Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Goodbye Taiwan and Hello Korea!

The last few days I spent in Taiwan, were filled with traveling all around southern Taiwan.
I visited a county call Tainan; it is the first city in Taiwan. There is a lot of old buildings and history in the city.
This is an old Dutch scout tower that looks over most of Tainan. 
 The Anping Tree House is an abandoned fort, in which trees overgrew into it. The trees and the building together make an interesting mix of man's creation and nature's creation.
 Of course, we had to finish the day visiting a beach.

My last destination in Taiwan was Kenting. If you google Kenting you will see lots of photos of a beautiful beach, which is absolutely true. 
This is a picture of a natural gas fire. It kind of seems unrealistic at first, but its really interesting. People roast marshmallows, cook popcorn, and light sparklers at this park.

 Here is one of the beaches in Kenting. It was almost a blessing that the sun wasn't shining because it was already burning hot! Its very popular in Kenting to do water activities like snorkling and tubing. So, we went on two different kinds of tubes and then rode a bananna tube. It was so much fun and the locals were funny. Also, mangoes are everywhere in Taiwan, luckily, they are my favorite fruit!




Then finally the time came to say goodbye to Taiwan and hello to Korea. I had a great time in Taiwan and saw many places along with many friends. I can't believe it went by so fast, but I am excited to see what Korea has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment