Saturday, June 22, 2013

Yilan, Kaohsiung, and more great views.

It is surprising the lack of wifi in this country, but I guess I am just too spoiled with internet back in the U.S. This post is a going to be straight to the point because I don't have much time with the internet!

I visited the county of Yilan in the northeastern part of Taiwan. Its another typical costal area of Taiwan with great beaches and lovely views. Here are some pictures from that day trip.

 These are wild monkeys! I couldn't believe it!




 Once I went back to Taipei, I took a gondola near the Taipei Zoo. It had excellent views of the city, and that tall building on the right is Taipei 101.

This is the view from a light house in Kaohsiung (a county in the southern part of Taiwan). It is a very busy fishing port with numerous large cargo ships. The picture following is of the famous metro station in Kaoshiung. The stained glass gave a very magical feel to the station.


The next day I went to Pingtung, where I had afternoon tea on the mountain top. It costs $20 (USD) to have a mug of tea, a little cup of pudding, and a small chicken salad. But it was worth it for the view and atmosphere.

 I also went to a seafood market that had so much fresh fish it was crazy. I got to eat fresh salmon, caviar, and silver fish while visiting. I have eaten a ton of fresh seafood here, and its all relatively cheap.
The last stop for the day in Pingtung was a golden gate to a large temple dedicated to a fishing god. The gate is said to be worth five million U.S. dollars. An interesting tradition for this temple, is that every 3 years the temple has to buy a 4 million dollar boat and burn it to please the god.

I only have four more days in Taiwan! I don't know where the time went, but I will try to post one more time before I leave for Korea!

With regards,

Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment