Monday, June 17, 2013

There is so much to see on this island!

Time is just flying by, most likely because my friends have kept me so busy! I have seen more and more of Taipei, along with other areas of Taiwan. But the whole motivation behind doing this trip was to see my old friends. This has proven sometimes difficult yet worth it. My friends are all in different life stages; enjoying summer vacation, graduating, in the military, or beginning their careers. So far, they all have made an effort to at least meet me for dinner. It has been very rewarding to meet not only my friends but also their families.



I traveled to the middle of Taiwan by the speed rail and stayed there for a few days. Its a little more rural of an area, but still crowded. During my stay in Taichung, the people of Taiwan were celebrating a traditional Buddhist holiday called the "Dragon Boat Festival." The main traditions of this holiday is eating rice dumplings and praying to the Gods.

  I visited a large Buddha statue and a few temples while in this area. I even asked the Gods about my future.



I headed back to Taipei, because there was still plenty to see in the north. I visited the northern coast to an area called Yeilou. It is famous for its unique geology. There are many rock formations near the sea that look like other things. The most famous rock is the "Queen's Head."







I also went to a lovely beach called the "White Sand Beach." But it was so hot we could only stay there for a little while.

Next on my agenda is more traveling around the beautiful island. 

Au Revior,

Alix 

1 comment:

  1. haha!! I see Piggy Stinky!
    Alix, i'm glad to see you like the island!
    : )

    ReplyDelete